Friday, July 8, 2011

GF Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's a beautiful sunny, winters day in Melbourne today!  The washing is drying (hopefully) on the line, the house has been cleaned and I've been for my morning walk down and around the duck pond!  So I decided it was time to hit the kitchen and do some baking!

Am trying out a few recipes that I've always made, and adapted for my new wheat-free diet.  Mostly I'm using gluten-free flours because it's just easier this way, and because I'm having relatively good success with them!


Ingredients:

125g butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg
1 1/2 cups gluten free self-raising flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Method:

1.  Preheat oven to 160c.

2.  Cream softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy.

3.  Mix in the vanilla essence and egg.

4.  Stir the sifted flour and cocoa.  Mix well.

5.  Add chocolate chips and mix well.

6.  Place teaspoons of mixture on greased baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.

7.  Leave to cool for a few minutes before turning onto a wire rack.



I roll my raw mixture because I like the rounded cookie end product, but you can just "dollop" the mixture onto the tray too!



End products!  Makes between 20-30 cookies (depending on size)!



And some of the ones that were just "dolloped" on the tray!  (Still like the round ones better - hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment